Saturday, September 25, 2010

Are you REALLY available to God?

God doesn't need men and women with an articulate vocabulary and poignant writing or speaking skills. In fact, God doesn't need our abilities at all. God is more interested in our availability. One can have all the lingusitic skills, and informational libraries available, but if the heart is cold, where will the fire come from? The heart, the human heart, needs to be the place where we actively seek after the God of this Universe. Moreover, the God of this Universe delights when we pursue Him. He has directed the stars, the planets, the galaxies, yet He takes time to commune with us tiny little creatures, on this tiny little planet called Earth. I encourage you to follow me deeper in your walk with God. This includes many things that are conducive to building a strong relationship with The Master. We need to read the Bible continuiously. The Bible is a very long book made up of 66 smaller books, and the only way to have a mind that is tethered to scripture, is to synergistically understand how the 66 books fit together, and tell one story of God redeeming mankind to Himself. Memorizing scripture is a very good way to internalize the Bible and is very rewarding. Many know the famous, John 3:16, "For God so loved the World". I find when I run through my memorized scriptures on the job, waiting at the doctor's office, etc., my mind and attitude quickly stand up and I become sharper and more alert. We need to pray, yet if we do not read and internalize scripture, how can one honestly go to God and pray with any level of confidence, knowing that we are not really seeking God, but instead we just want what is on God's table. And finally, having read the Bible, having memorized the Bible, having repetiously and fervently sought God in prayer, we need to take God into our world. On the job, at church, in society, we ought to be able to see God in everything, and alert those who come in contact with us, that God is faithfully and continuously moving and working in every moment affairs. So remember, God doesn't need our ability, God just needs our availability. Are you available?

3 comments:

  1. Why does Christian Defense silence the voices of Christians? Just as they silence the voice of Jesus, censor God's words that are too uncomfortable, that do not fit a political agenda, an agenda controlled by those who worship wealth. Pray for repentance and conversion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so impressed with this blog, I signed up and started my own account. Very nicely written and gets right down to the heart of the matter. The Lord truly desires a close, loving and intimate relationship with us. He doesn't want it to be just a working relationship that is impersonal. What an opportunity and yet how busy we are. Time flies by and days can be lost with God himself waiting on the sidelines, like a pet looking up with his eyes: watching every movement and wishing we would just stop and love on him. (I hope I did not just offend God by comparing him to a pet!). Still, we put God off and make him part of our "list" (I think I'm telling on myself!). So, I feel convicted and inspired to become much more available to the King of Kings and lover of my soul. Thanks for the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Fragrance of Myrrh for the encouraging words. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete