Sunday, March 21, 2010

Get Up, And Get Out!

You've got to get tired of what you're going through, or it'll never change. As long as you're comfortable where you are, it's never going to change. As long as you're satisfied to stay in the pig pen, you're never going to get up. If you lay down with a bunch of dogs, you may as well expect to get up covered with fleas. Do you ever wonder, is this all there is to life? Am I going to rot, and rot, and rot, until I'm dead? Does anybody even know I'm alive? Does anybody really care? God's tomorrows are always a surprise! You see, this is why we really short-change ourselves when we choose not to live with God on the throne of our hearts. We think we know more than God. But friend, I'm here to tell you, if you walk one day, two days, or just three days with The Lord, He is going to surprise you! God rewards those who diligently seek Him. That's His way! You think you know what He has in store for you, you balk at pursuing Him, and you've earned yourself another day, another week, another year, in the pig pen of life. The Bible says, "that which a man sows, is what that man shall reap." We have the ability to change. There are new frontiers out there, beyond our wildest dreams, but you have to get tired of sleeping with the pigs, and being a pig. We reap that which we sow, I know the principle all too well. I've sowed a lot of hate. Malice, drunkenness, enmity, jealousy, pride, thievery, slander, yes I've sowed it all, but in the end it wasn't my hate for someone that came to fruition. It was a broken heart, and shattered dreams, that I had invited to destroy me, the seed I had sown, and now it was harvest time. We reap what we sow. Still, God holds out His hand, and bids us, "Come home!" God holds us. He follows us, watching what we are doing. He burns the midnight oil, waiting for us to come home. Someday you are going to fly right out of this world, and into another world. Once again, you are going to reap what you have sown. At that point perhaps you will wish you had done things a lot differently, but that chance will be over. You don't need that. Life is too hard as it is. You don't want to spend eternity learning the depths of suffering. You don't have as a guarantee, next year. You don't have next month. You don't necessarily have tomorrow. But you have now! And that's why "NOW" is the best time of every day! You have got to make up your mind! You have got to get up, and discover who God created you to be! There's more to life, but you will never come close to finding it, until you find the Giver of Life! He'll be The Lilly of Your Valley, your Bright and Morning Star. He's the One that believes in you more then you believe in yourself. Every single day He changes hearts and lives. You've got to believe me! He's real! He is this world's greatest hero. Not only did He die for your mistakes, but He walked out the other side in the greatest victory of all time. I thought it was cool sleeping with the dogs, but thank God, I got tired of the fleas. You might say, "If He can help me, He can help anyone!" Well, I would have to agree. God bless, and thank you for reading my ramblings!

No comments:

Post a Comment